Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dinner Experiment


I got a bread maker from a friend at work and today was my first attempt at making bread with it. I only used it to mix and knead the bread, because I wanted to make bread bowls for soup. Normally you would make bread bowls with sourdough, but I don't have any sourdough starter (and after looking up how to make it on the internet...yikes!), so I just made a very simple french bread, turned out the dough and separated it and made 4 bread balls. We were going to have clam chowder in them, but Mia does not like it, so we settled on tomato soup to which I added a little basil. The we all inhaled it. The kids thought the bowls were really neat! I was paranoid about them leaking, so I put them in regular bowls (good thing, mine and Nathan's leaked). Here is a shot of mine...

1 comment:

  1. Neat! Stop by our house sometime and try out our breadmaker. If we can find it!

    ReplyDelete